I happen to be a fan of most surprises...I have friends who despise them, me on the other hand like them...mostly
Don't get me wrong, I can't stand when someone says they need to talk to me later, or they have a surprise for me later...OH waiting is torture, lol...and my hubby would say I am the WORST, not at waiting, but saying those things...he is probably right! I do like to give surprises, or news, but only the good stuff, not bad!
Some surprises in my life i could have done without, but usually those end of being better than i could have imagined! You know..like being told I was pregnant at 15- SURPRISE! lol...but yet it, SHE has been one of my biggest joys...and SURPRISE your son have a major heart condition...yep another moment I would say I didn't want to hear that one either, yet God has brought SO much good from that too!
I have learned that sometimes the fun surprises don't end up being the best ones! My children both came with surprises...and yet they are my greatest gifts from God and JOYS!!!
Now other surprises like... oh we changed the plan at the last minute, are probably my least favorite to be honest...and God has REALLY REALLY had to work on me in the area, because I like a plan, I like things set, and I am not always flexible when I need to be! Like planning a trip and trying to get the details set...or like tonight driving to an event that was mia...and even double checking the calendar...still NO clue what happened, but God truly intervened, because I just shrugged and said oh well we tried, and we laughed! It was GREAT! And then God honored that by creating a wonderful evening with a yummy dinner, where my hubby got home just in time...and then when we stopped at a friends house just to say hi, we ended up staying for 3+ hours and laughing and talking!!! WOW! That is a total God thing....so I think when I just let God take the lead..and except surprises good and bad with Him in control, well life has a lot more joy and love..and that I will take ANY day!
"Instead you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that" James 4:15
No comments:
Post a Comment