
YES Raisins!!!
I am sitting here on Sunday night, and thinking about tomorrow..MONDAY, and the kids needs for the day..
well I am reminded of Friday and Raisins...
Thursday was a ROUGH day for JJ..I mean BAD, not sad, not even rough, just BAD!
I am not too sure what triggered the day, or
what set him off, I wish I knew..
BUT
to just say simply, when we got there to get him the classroom
was covered in crayons..puzzles..chairs..trash..
and his vocabulary consisted of ONLY movie talk,
which was a HUGE improvement to the very VERY ugly words
he thought he should say to his teacher..
among running out of the class, away from the principal, and not only hitting his teacher..he decided he should threaten her as well..and
that he did "I'm gonna kill you" he shouted
WHAT?????? Where would he even learned this???
I thought and prayed ALOT..it was TOUGH and I realized
our beloved Charlie Brown movies say that, SO they will be put away
for a while...
even after he got in the car he would be fine for a minute and then
thrash his entire body ALL around..and SCREAM!
It was very tough to watch and I wanted to help so much,
but between being discouraged by his day and dumbfounded by his actions..
well I didn't know what to do!!
We survived the night, and I PRAYED for a better Friday...
Well God answered those prayers..
JJ mostly stayed in "his world" Friday
and very little work was accomplished..but it was MUCH better day!
The highlight of his day...for me atleast was the story of the Raisins!!!
One of the teachers at lunch who is pregnant said she felt little "twinges" or "thumps" on her back..but being pregnant she just chalked them up to nerve twinges
After about 10min or so, and feeling them..she feels "thump, thump, thump, thump" all at one time..
she turns around to find JJ, my lil man..throwing RAISINS at her back!!!
Not only that he just had this blank smile as he chunked another one...
OH I had to laugh...and because he wasn't being mean, just being JJ, they decided not to make a huge deal..
after I chuckled for a moment, I asked
"Wait, Raisins???? But where did he..." (didn't finish thought, but I knew I hadn't sent Raisins, because he doesn't eat them!
and his teacher said
"Oh, they weren't his Raisins..they belonged to another child"
SO yes that is what i am thinking about on Sunday night as I get ready for Monday..
I picture JJ throwing someone else's Raisins at a teachers back...
and you know what???
I PRAISE GOD FOR HIM! I am so thankful for those moments, even when they are stranger than strange because that is how God made my son, who brings SO much laughter into my life..and humbled me in all my parenting skills..but thankfully I serve a loving God who is giving me new and improved skills!!!
Hope you all have the laughter in your life God desires and can find the joy even when it is Raisins thumping your back!
No comments:
Post a Comment