Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Less the Perfect..(a little..a lot)

I was driving 2 days ago, and talking with God as I often do, and He gives me this title for my blog...


I have to admit I was a little baffled by this..I mean DUH I know I am not perfect...NO i didn't say DUH to God, just out loud to myself...

but God heard me..

because I know i am MUCH less than perfect, but maybe I still strive for perfection???

And in the loving ways that God does things..very loving way..He begin to show me ALL of my imperfections..

in small things, and okay to be honest He didn't show me all my imperfections, or I would have had to go into a mental hospital...lol..but REALLY! I know they are there, but SOME are not things I am ready to face FULL on!

But in the last 2 days, God has very lovingly helped me remember I am less than perfect..in strange small ways...

like for a NON-related example, seeing someone trip, I trip ALL the time, but thinking I would NEVER trip over that...and then I spill HUGE pieces of food all over my shirt..HAHAHA..oh guess that is a reminder..and goes back to that judging thing I mentioned last blog...

that actually did NOT happen, but it was a perfect description of the little humorous things God did to show me...

one thing I can recall specifically, is getting onto Kelli yesterday about dishes, and chores, etc...

and turning around and saying something like "right here, like this for one example of what I mean"...she so sweetly responded "that is JJ's" ...did I go to JJ, noooo..and I tried and went on "ok right here".."that is Papi's"...ohhhh ok, I will get to him later I thought, but didn't say.."OH what about this Kelli.." and she so sweetly responded AS SHE PICKED IT UP "Mommy this is yours from earlier, I wasn't here"

OUCH..right to the heart..and don't picture me hounding my daughter around the house berating her...it DIDN'T happen like that, we were cleaning, picking up and i would mention things as we went along..and some things in between those events were hers and she admitted where she could work..BUT they weren't ALL her, why? because we are ALL less than perfect, ME BIG TIME, and so is she...and yet I expect her to just get it...and no I didn't berate her this time, but God reminded me again so lovingly of how my expectations of her are higher than of myself sometimes...how I have broken her spirit just a little, over a dirty bathroom..WHY?

because I am striving for perfection..ohhhhhhhhhhhh ugh..no not ME?!?!?!?

"Yes you" God so lovingly reminded me...

and there were MANY events over these 2 days like this..most extremely small to an outside eye, but HUGE to me..and then I knew why He gave me the title...

BUT He didn't stop there, not at all...

He continued to walk with me and as I saw another pimple, another wrinkle, another tight pair of jeans...another pile of dirty kids clothing, tripping in Kels room, and over JJ's toys...

that in ALL this LESS than perfect life He has given me, it is BEAUTIFUL!

Yep, the pimple is a reminder I have a face that HE created for me, and the wrinkle..the tight pants are a reminder of my imperfections and lack of health..but HE created me and yes wants my health to improve, but not so the jeans fit better...so I can glorify Him in this life, and feel up to the tasks!

the dirty clothes, dishes, floors...reminding me I have a family HE gave me to share this life with..

and that the OUTSIDE of me, the OUTSIDE look of my house...the part people see ONLY with their eyes..is NOT the way God sees me..He sees the inside..my heart, and the loving pieces...He doesn't see the dirt of the house, He sees the LAUGHTER that beams from one side of the walls to the other..

He sees when i fail with my words w/ Kelli...but He also sees as I HUG her so tightly, when I realized I didn't say what I felt, I said what I saw...

He sees me raise my voice to JJ to get back in bed for the 100th time, and I do not want to get off the couch, I am tired...BUT then He sees me get up anyways, go tickled, tuck and love him..

OR just as often, He sees my husband say "I got him" and jump up to go love on him...

That is what God sees..

so this morning as I was getting dressed just enough to drive the kids and walk JJ in..I didn't put contacts in, I threw a yellow hat on my head, and wore slippers...I didn't even look in the mirror...

but as I drove, God revealed His sunrise, it was breathtaking...

and in that moment, in all the moments I am breathtaking to Christ, when I am living in Him, and for Him..and in my LESS than perfect life, that is when I am closest to Him...

today I feel nothing less than beautiful..and completely LESS than perfect!

What a beautiful day to be a daughter or son of Christ!

Hoping each of your LESS than perfect days are filled with nothing LESS than beauty and love!

Love you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment