About a year ago, maybe longer I realized that although I had been walking with Christ since 2002, I had not been walking IN Him..
I am not saying I was saying one thing and doing another, or being "fake" about my Christianity...I was just stuck in the "baby" stage and not growing with God and IN Him...and I would notice I would slip up on my quiet time and just push it aside...
trust me, being where I was before I knew God, there was NO way I was going BACK..steps backwards, mess ups, that was fine..but I will never walk away from God again...because I KNOW firsthand what that results in...
so over the last year or so, God has really been pushing me to be walking IN His words, His truths, His ways..100%, (mess-ups still happening) but that everywhere I looked I could see what part He had in it...I found the parts that He created nothing less than AWE...and the sin around me sometimes too hard to even face..but this time, God didn't allow me to walk away from sin, as I did while I was in my "baby" stage..you see when you become a Christian and haven't quite learned how to walk, I believe God carries you away from things that might hurt or distract you..I mean satan still tries to seep his way in, but you see he can't if you are a baby and surrounded by God and His love...
BUT soon it is time to walk, and if you resist walking too long, God can't keep carrying you (figurative of growth, we know God ALWAYS carries us!) Oh and if you crawl in this part of life you’re in the mud with satan..YUCK
And if you refuse to walk, well you sit still..RIGHT????
Yes..and without knowing it, that is what started happening to me in 2008ish...and satan got in..and my marriage was close to over...
I had been offered to take part in a love dare for my husband, who I was angry at and I hadn't seen the movie, and at the time didn't want to really...but after God really prompting me, I started the love dare..small steps each day with HUGE Godly results...my marriage was SAVED..and I love my husband more each day..and if that wasn't enough, my husband has become my BEST friend, I mean the one you want to invite when you hear of a cool place to go, the one you want to stay up next to and read a book together...the one you can LAUGH so hard with..the one you can share your deepest thoughts and secrets with and KNOW they are safe, and you are never judged..THAT BEST FRIEND! And God didn't stop there..
He picked up my hands and started helping me walk..BOY was it hard to learn to walk and to be honest some days still a year later, He is STILL helping me stand up to walk when I feel like I should sit..
because as God has helped me walk, He has had me face sin HEAD on...He has allowed sin to come into my "safety zone" and hasn't allowed me to sit, and hasn't carried me away from it..WHY????
because He loves me, and He knows I HAVE to grow to Him, and IN Him..to KNOW Him, I have to know the complete opposite of Him..the evil, that only He can help me to stay away from..
and it has almost seemed at times I drag my feet, because facing sin, my own and others, and some against me..HURTS...but knowing that hurt has allowed me to know JOY..
I have experienced so much JOY in my life over the last year..and at the same time some of the biggest Hurts as I walk in Christ..I mean I had PLENTY of hurt before I knew God, but I handled it, let's just say very different, I won't glorify the details in that!
Hurt after you KNOW God is different, it is real, and it is painful...
but the JOY after you know God is something I can't describe in words outside of JOY, it is nothing you can imagine, it is just short of heaven..PURE JOY
So, baby steps in the last year or so, have had HUGE results...and each day opens new doors, new adventures..new direction, but I am WALKING, sometimes running to what God has in store for our family..of course when I run, I fall, and God lovingly reminds me to walk, never rush His plans..the timing is perfect!
So as I continue in my baby steps...I KNOW and SEE and FEEL the HUGE results...
now I am asking God to help me with this in specific struggles..and as I release the control, He does!
I pray each of you takes at least 1 baby step today...at the end of a year that would be 365 baby steps..that is HUGE and guaranteed to have HUGE results!
Love you All!!
No comments:
Post a Comment